Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One Month to Go...

Hard to believe, we have 1 month until my due date! I went for my last 2 week appointment today and will now go every week until the little guy arrives. It is amazing how fast the past 8 months have gone and how much we still need to do to get ready for him. Last weekend we went to a Baby Care/Infant CPR class. It was very informative and helpful. We have a Breastfeeding class tonight (Chris is super excited) and we will be finished with the classes. Then the real learning begins when he gets here. All else is looking pretty good. My legs and ankles continue to swell on a moments notice and I'm pretty uncomfortable at night trying to sleep - but it is all part of it and will be more than worth it once he is here.

Baby Halpin is very active these days and likes to spend a lot of his time shoving his butt or a foot into mom's ribs. Love pats, I am sure of it. He also has the hiccups quite a bit. I heard his heartbeat again today and it sounded strong. We can't wait to finally meet him! My bag is about 1/2 packed and Chris reminds me daily that I just need to put everything in it so we are ready. He seems to think this little guy is coming early. We'll see...

We should finish up the small details on the nursery this weekend and I'll finally post pictures. I think I've been saying that for a while now, but we're getting down to crunch time. Thanks to all for the the support and prayers - please keep them coming! The biggest part is yet to come...

2 comments:

Emiley said...

Hey Court! I can't believe you only have one month to go! You look precious. I will be checking back to see when your sweet boy arrives!

Carrie said...

That month never even made it..

So glad that he is here and that you and Will are doing well. I love you so much and can't wait to hear about all of "the firsts" that you and Will are going to experience. I don't want to miss a thing, even though I am 200 miles away. Take lots of pics and post lots of blogs.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs