Madison Lynn Halpin joined our family and the world on Monday, October 12, 2009, at 7:39AM. She weighs 6lbs 8oz and is 18 1/4 inches long. She is perfect, beautiful and such a surprise! Chris and I were both convinced we were having a little boy. Not finding out before the birth was one of the BEST things we could have done. We were both completely surprised and so excited at the same time. We plan on calling her Maddie. Her middle name, Lynn, is Chris's mother's maiden name. Chris's Grandpa Lynn was one of the most influential people in his life and being able to name Maddie after him is very special to us both.
Maddie is healthy, happy, and has a very sweet demeanor. She is a strong little girl. We feel so blessed. Will is also pretty smitten with his little sister - at least some of the time. He gives her kisses, already calls her "Maddie" and "Baby Sister", and likes to look at her. He has held her once and was very good. I am sure that taking her home will be an adjustment for him, but I know he'll be a wonderful, protective, and loving big brother. She is a lucky girl to have him!
Here are a few pictures from the first few days of her life. We thank God for giving us such a special gift.
Maddie is healthy, happy, and has a very sweet demeanor. She is a strong little girl. We feel so blessed. Will is also pretty smitten with his little sister - at least some of the time. He gives her kisses, already calls her "Maddie" and "Baby Sister", and likes to look at her. He has held her once and was very good. I am sure that taking her home will be an adjustment for him, but I know he'll be a wonderful, protective, and loving big brother. She is a lucky girl to have him!
Here are a few pictures from the first few days of her life. We thank God for giving us such a special gift.



4 comments:
OMG...she's precious...Court...I promise I'm coming to see you soon...she's beautiful and I need to hold that precious baby! Love you friend, your family is so beautiful...warn Chris...when I see him I will be squeezing him as well because I have YET to meet this sweet man and, well, hello! YOu are my oldest friend so he's going to have to deal with some Angie lovin'!!!
LOVELY!!!
She's so gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her!
Just popped over here from your Facebook. What a great post about sweet little Maddie! She is so precious..and I love all the pics especially that first one. Glad to hear y'all are adjusting well! Congrats again!!!!
Post a Comment