Monday, July 12, 2010

Maddie is 9 Months Old


Each month marks a milestone in Maddie's growth, but for some reason 9 months is hitting me hard. I think it is because we're entering that last quarter of her first year of life and before we know it we'll be celebrating her 1st birthday. She is also becoming so active and just seems to be getting older. I also think that with your 2nd child it just goes by even faster. You're chasing after 2 all the time and your days fly by (most of the time, at least!).

Here are a few facts about Maddie at 9 months
  • She has two teeth! Her second tooth popped through on July 4th. Teething hasn't really made her fussy, yet. I'll knock on wood for saying that.
  • She is getting a head full of curls! Who would have thought both of my kids would have curly hair? It is so cute. It isn't really growing in from the front either, so she has really short hair up front and a party in the back. Baby mullet, I guess! :)
  • She isn't crawling, but she's trying to figure it out. She rolls everywhere and doesn't stay in one place for long at all.
  • She doesn't like finger foods! We've only tried puffs and teething cookies, but they just make her gag. Really any baby food with texture makes her gag. She'll get there but right now we're on super smooth purees.
  • She wears size 3 diapers
  • She sits in highchairs when we go out to dinner
  • She's now riding in the front of the sit and stand stroller and we're moving her to her big car seat. That infant seat is just too heavy and she is too long for it
  • She loves to smile, giggle, laugh, and play
  • She sleeps like a ROCK! When we were at the lake for July 4th, she slept through a firework show that was being shot right next door. Didn't make a peep.
  • She babbles all the time and likes to say "Ma, ma, ma, ma, ma". Of course I love that! She'll also say "Da, da, da, da, da and Wa, wa, wa, wa wa". I think she's going to be chatty just like her big brother.
We go for our 9 month doctors appointment on July 20th (Dr. B is in Europe on vacation - lucky her!). I'll post updates on her stats after we go, but I'd guess that she weighs over 18 lbs. She has the cutest chubby cheeks and thighs! They both get tickled often!

First and only teething cookie so far. She loved it until a piece broke off went in her mouth. She then gagged until she vomited 1/2 a bottle. Yuck! But on a nicer note, look at those eyes!

Maddie and Daddy checking out the jet skis
I've been trying to get a picture of her 2 teeth for a while and just accidently got this one.
The bunny pictures are getting more difficult! She really just wants to eat her sign.

Here is Will at 9 months, for a comparison.


post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's starting to look more like Will every time I see her!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs