No, that is not the way to grandmother's house, but it is the way to the playroom from Will's room. This morning started like most other mornings. I woke up to Will talking in his bed and playing with his aquarium. I let him play for about 10 minutes, got out of bed, turned the monitor off, let the dogs out, and then headed up stairs to get little man out of bed. As I walked up the stairs I could see that Will's bedroom door was open. "Hmmm....I guess Abby visited Will during the night", I thought. As I turned to go up the next flight of stairs, I heard little footsteps. Guess who met me at the top of the stairs! Yes, Will did! He came running out of the playroom right for me with a toy in each hand. He had the biggest smile on his face and was so proud. So, sometime between me getting out of bed and getting upstairs Will figured out how to climb out of his crib, open his bedroom door, and start playing by himself in the playroom. He never cried, fussed, or complained that it hurt, that he was alone, or anything! Amazing. I think he might be Spiderman!
On a serious note, I am so glad he didn't hurt himself and I'll be watching the monitor screen much closer from now on. I hope it was a one time thing...but I am sure it isn't. I'm not sure we are ready for a big boy bed, but we'll have to see how it goes. Never a dull moment in the Halpin household!
1 comment:
WOW!!!! That is amazing! I have a few friends who take the "bed spring" completely out of the crib and set the mattress literally on the floor (can't get lower than that) to hold off on the big boy bed for awhile longer. Will is Super Baby!! :o)
Post a Comment