Wednesday, November 25, 2009

6 Weeks Old

Maddie is six weeks old!  The last six weeks have been life changing, I can say that for sure!  And we love having her around.  We feel so blessed to be able to experience having a boy and a girl.  There are already differences that are fun to see - one noticeable one is her dainty little fingers.  Will's hands were little boy hands from day one - big!  We've had a few issues with Maddie and eating.  We put her on prevacid for reflux 2 weeks ago and saw a little - but very little - improvement.  So, last week I went off dairy to see if that would improve things.  After 6 days we had not seen any change.  The next suggestion was to take wheat out of my diet as well.  And if I did that it would likely be another week before we knew if that would help. Well living with a very uncomfortable and unhappy baby is not fun.  It breaks my heart to see her so upset.  So...yesterday we switched to formula.  We are starting on hypoallergenic formula to make sure we are covering our basis on food sensitivities.  Whew - it is stinky, stinky stuff.  But she likes it and didn't think twice about downing a 4 oz bottle.  And we can already see a difference!  That is the best part.  Our little girl is alert and actually HAPPY!  She will lay on the couch and smile at us, she will let us hold her without kicking her legs and screaming, and she will actually eat without getting upset.  We are hopeful this is the answer to giving her more comfort.  Time will tell.

We're all excited about Thanksgiving and seeing family.  We love this time of year!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'll post more pictures when I can.

post signature

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

That is wonderful Courtney! What a relief!! I wish you continued comfort for sweet Maddie.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs