Wednesday, February 3, 2010

16 Week Fun


Maddie turned 16 weeks old on Monday. I find myself shocked at the number. Time is going pretty darn quick! We are having a great time and love seeing her sweet personality come out! A couple things that have happened at week 16...
  • Maddie found her thumb and she LIKES IT! She's been sucking it when I get her out of bed in the morning and in her car seat
  • Maddie rolled from her tummy to her back. I'm not sure she knows exactly how she did it, but she did it a couple times. She doesn't love tummy time, so this will just be another way to test mommy's efforts!
  • She is moving out of 0-3 month clothes and into 3-6 month. We're in that in between stage where 0-3 are kinda small and 3-6 are kinda big
  • She is wearing size 1-2 diapers during the day and 2's at night. Once the box of 1-2 is gone, we're moving on up to size 2 for good
  • Maddie likes to look at her feet. I think she's still wondering if those are actually hers! She hasn't grabbed at them yet, but she definitely likes to watch them.
  • Naps are getting a little more predictable. About an hour after the first bottle of the day, Maddie usually goes back to sleep for a couple hours. She then wakes up, has another bottle and goes back to sleep about 1.5 later. She'll sleep anywhere from thirty minutes to 2 hours. The afternoons are still less predictable - she doesn't want to sleep much but gets cranky and takes cat naps in the swing or car seat.
  • She is still sleeping in the bassinet by our bed. We are planning on moving her to her room this weekend. I am sure I won't sleep a wink for a few days - she'll seem so far away.
That is all I can think of for now! Life is good. Will loves his little sister and his new favorite thing is to wake her up when she's sleeping. He wants to play with her. We've had several talks about sleep being a good thing and to not bother her. Not sure we've grasped it yet...

post signature

No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs