Friday, February 12, 2010

4 Months Old




Maddie is 4 months old! And it is funny...I remember thinking if we can just get to 4 months, we'll be great! And for the most part it is SO true! When your in the trenches of 1 and 2 month old care giving day in and day out - especially when they have tummy problems you can't quite figure out - you just want to get to the "easy time". Now, I have to say it still isn't 'easy' but Maddie is a happy, healthy, hungry, sleepy, smiling, laughing, rolling, playing 4 month old! I love it!

She 'talks' to us with her eyebrows - they move up and down ALL THE TIME! It is just precious. And she loves to watch Will as he runs circles around her.
She's starting to get on a better schedule and naps a little more regularly. We still have work to do there. She is sleeping in her crib upstairs and sleeps through the night most of the time. We just love her so much and she really is a good baby. I didn't think I'd be able to say that at week 4, 5, or 6 when her little tummy was causing her so many problems. We are still on the Alitmentum formula and it is liquid GOLD. 1) It costs as much as gold, but 2) and more importantly, it makes her happy, full, and chubby! We will try to make the switch to "regular" formula at some point but we will probably wait until she's a little older. We are not sure if dairy is truly the problem or if it is something else. We'll probably discover more about it - if she still has a problem- when we start solids. And I can't believe that is right around the corner! I also think she'll be sitting up very soon. She is a strong little one - much stronger than Will was at her age. It'll be fun to see how she develops and how in line her milestones are with his.

Here are her stats from her 4 month checkup:
Height - 24.25 inches - 50th%
Weight - 13lbs 6oz - 60th%
Head - 16.25 - 75th%

Dr. Burns said that she looks great! She said we can start rice cereal in the next couple months. I will probably try for the first time at 5 months. I'm really not in any hurry to start solids. We have plenty of time for that. And Maddie is satisfied with her bottles at this point. We are also going to try "regular" formula between 5 and 6 months to see if she has outgrown her "allergy". I sure hope so!

Here is a Will's 4 Month blog for comparison. You'll see that Will was longer but weighed less than Maddie at 4 mos. I think they are about the same on head size...but Will's seemed bigger. I don't have that number here, so not sure.

Hollywood - watch out!
Sweet lil' bunny
All smiles during playtime!
I was cooking dinner and walked back in the living room to find Will laying on Maddie's blanket with her. They were just looking at each other. So sweet.
My funny (and drooling) Valentine

Big Brother wanted to get in on the monthly photos. He is taking "make sure you hold her head" to a new level!

Chris getting Maddie to laugh.




No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs