Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Arboretum Easter Egg Hunt (#3) and dinner with friends!

Yes...another Easter Egg hunt! This one was at the Dallas Arboretum. I've always heard it is a lot of fun so we decided to do it this year. Mom, Dad, Carrie, Josh, Chris, Will, Maddie and I went for the hunt. It started REALLY early in the morning, but was a really fun day. We met at the Arboretum at 7:45am and had breakfast. The hunt started at 8:30. After the hunt we spent a couple hours walking around the Arboretum, looking at flowers, and playing. Everyone had a good time and I took a TON of pictures (350, to be exact). I edited them down to about 150, but I definitely have a few favorites. The flowers were beautiful, the kids were in their precious Easter clothes, we were with family, and the weather was amazing. It was a perfect day.

Dee Dee and Papa with Will and Maddie

The best I could get of the two munchkins together

My handsome little man

Sweet angel. She took a dive face first into the grass after this. Didn't phase her!

Carrie & Josh were able to join us for the trip and the weekend. So great to have them home.

Link to all pictures from the Arboretum

After we came home and rested and the kids took a nap, we went over the The McKnight's house for dinner and ANOTHER small egg hunt for Preston, Avery, and Will. It was a relaxing evening and the kids played outside the entire time. Kirsti's parents were also there, it was great to see them.

Preston and Will on the "hunt". They are practically dressed alike and it wasn't planned. They cared very little about the eggs. Well...Will wanted to eat the candy as he picked them up. Preston wanted to play instead of hunting eggs.

Avery hunting eggs with her Nana and Grandpa. Funny thing is she walked thru all these eggs and only picked the ones she wanted. Mostly pink and purple ones.

The three kids together. They have no choice but to be friends for life! So fun they are so close in age and love playing together.

Easter is such a special holiday for the obvious reasons, but as our family grows and our lives get more hectic, being able to spend time with our family and friends is precious and we cherish it. It was a wonderful day and one I'll always remember.

post signature

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

I love the picture of Will and Maddie together- beautiful! Lovely pictures!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs