
That is right. He's just getting so big. It makes me want to cry and makes me so proud all at the same time. 2.5 has its challenges, don't get me wrong. But he is a really sweet little boy. He has his moments where he throws himself on the ground because he is just SO emotional and doesn't know what to do. Actually had one today because he wasn't ready to leave Chick Fil A. Great...that is a nasty floor to throw yourself on. But he got over it. I can't complain too much. He loves his mommy and daddy, loves to read books with us for hours, wants to go places with us, and thinks we're kinda cool. I know it won't last forever...so we take what we can get now! He still loves to rock in his chair in his room and I think that is the most precious time of our day. SO glad I got Maddie her own chair and kept his there.


Some people push their kids to grow up and hit milestones and do things fast. It just isn't my style. Trying to cherish every moment and let him develop as he's ready. And he is doing very well at that. I think we're getting close to really trying to tackle potty training. That should be a fun experience. He's more interested and talks about it more since several of his friends now "go on the big potty". He is smart and completely understands the process, I just don't think he gets the NOT going in the big boy underwear yet. We've let him wear them for short periods of time but I haven't gone as far as to let him wear them long enough that he has an accident. For a while he didn't seem ready and with Maddie being so young I was ok with diapers. But I can tell he is more interested.
Things Will can do at 2.5
- Knows his alphabet, how to spell his name and Maddie's name. He sings the alphabet a lot but I think it is more impressive that he identifies letters in random places and can put them together to spell things.
- Counts from 1 to 20. Sometimes we loose a 15 or 16 in there...but he's pretty good at it.
- Knows all his colors
- Puts sentences together quite well. The funniest one lately - that I tried NOT to laugh at because it should have bothered me "Mommy, stop talking!". We were driving down the road and I was talking to Chris and HE wanted to talk to us.
- He says about 10 things a day I didn't even know he knew.
- Brushes his teeth pretty well. We of course still help, but he likes to do it. I think it is more the opportunity to play in the sink and with the little Sesame Street Dixie Cups. Whatever it takes! (He did go to the dentist for the first time for a check up and it went really well!)
- He knows books from front to back. We really don't have to read them to him after we've read them a few times. It amazes me. Like I said earlier, he loves to read. And he will stretch out bedtime as long as he can by asking for more and more books. We've started limiting it to a few and reading other times of the day, too. It was just taking TOO long to get to bed!
- He knows all the kids names in his class and will tell me what they said to him at school or what they did. It is funny to hear him tell his 'stories'.
- He gets tongue tied A LOT. His brain is moving faster than his mouth can - if you can believe that.
Will, we love you! You make us proud every day. You're the best BIG BOY and BIG BROTHER around!





2 comments:
He is such a sweet boy!
DeeDee loves "Dill".....
Gorgeous pics! That park looks fun! He is such a smart, sweet boy! We're so lucky to have y'all as friends!!
Post a Comment