We went to the perinatologist (aka sono guy) and my OB last week. They are still telling me I have Previa. The sono guy told me that they do not want me to go into labor. There is a concern with the placenta tearing away from my uterus and the bleeding being very bad. He said that he'll do another sono at 34 weeks. If the placenta hasn't miraculously moved, then he'd like to do an amniocentesis at 36.5 weeks and if the baby's lungs are developed enough (which they can tell from the amnio), he'd recommend that we go ahead and do the c-section at 36.5 weeks. Well...that FREAKED me out a little. As most of you know, Will was born at 36 weeks and 1 day. He was perfectly fine and we were lucky that he never had to go to the NICU, but having a preemie is tough! They are not strong enough to breast feed at first, they are so tiny, and being that it is the fall time and the beginning of flu season, the chances of them getting sick is increased. All that being said, I really want to keep this little guy/girl in as long as we can! So, when I saw my OB on Friday I was on a mission to get this across to her. She was actually great! She said that she wanted to see the next sono and talk to the sono guy, but that if I'm not having any complications she'd rather monitor me and try to get me to 38 weeks before we do the c-section. I like this plan A LOT more! We've gone ahead and moved the c-section up to October 12th (6 weeks from today!). I will be 38 weeks and 1 day at that time. Those two weeks should give the baby enough time to gain at least another 1.5 lbs and hopefully be stronger. It would also avoid the amnio, which I like.
So...we know each appointment we have the possibility of another change and you just never know when the little one's time will be, but that is the "plan". Please keep this baby in your prayers and while your at it - pray for a miracle that this placenta will move! Then we could go back to our original plan and have the baby a little later.



No comments:
Post a Comment