
Will's first school picture - 2 years old
I feel like so much of my posts these days are about Maddie and what we've been doing over the holidays and how we are adjusting. I just wanted to take a minute to talk about our little man, Will. Will's life was turned upside down a little over two months ago and can I just say he is the BEST big brother ever! He really is. He loves Maddie so much. He wants to help, he doesn't really get upset if she is getting more attention, and he is just such a sweet little boy. I know people talk about the terrible two's and how hard they are. And don't get me wrong - we have our moments. But two is a lot of fun too! Here are things I love about 2 and things Will is doing right now (all combined into one list!).
- The belly laughs and giggles are the BEST! When you tickle him, play hide and seek, or if we are just being silly...he has the best laugh!
- He's thinking faster than he can talk. Will gets so tongue tied and I LOVE it! He is trying so hard, he is so smart, and he just can't spit it out as fast as he wants to!
- He is fascinated with the stars, the moon, airplanes, anything "Way up high...in the sky" as he would say. Everyday when Chris gets home from work he wants to go out and see the "Big Moon". Yesterday we were driving in the car and he said "Big Moon...where are you baby?". So stinkin cute!
- He knows his alphabet, can count to 20 (most of the time), knows his colors, and his days of the week. And he loves to repeat anything I say. Car rides are very entertaining and a lot of fun
- He thinks going to the mall with mom is FUN! Especially during the holidays with puppets, Santa, ducks & turtles, and the BIG fountain (the one outside of Dillard's at Northpark). It is toddler paradise.
- He loves to play "SuSu Man" with Daddy. That is Superman - when you put someone on your feet and they "fly" above you.
- When you ask him his name he says "Dill Halpin!" So cute.
- He's obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba. Now...the show drives me a bit insane at times, but the music is catchy and it really does make him calm down when we need some time or a break. My favorite part is when he says "My name is Dill, I like to Dance!"
- Bath time and bedtime are so much fun. I missed this for about a month when Maddie was born and even before she arrived I did it less because it was hard to get up and down off the floor by the tub and get him in his crib. He is so fun, loves the water, and the reading and rocking in the chair before bed is so great. I like it so much I couldn't bring myself to take his chair out of his room, so we just bought Maddie her own.
- Will has all his teeth! His last 2, 2 year molars came in a couple weeks ago.
- He loves to drive Daddy's car. If we let him sit in the car in the garage, he will stay there for hours and it is guaranteed that we will have a toddler meltdown when it is time to come in. He constantly is asking "Drive Daddy's car?" "Bye, Bye Daddy's car?"
- Will loves to help - he puts his dishes in the sink (throws them over the edge, that is), puts Maddie's bottles in the sink, tries to help feed her, change her diaper, etc.
- He also wants to do everything by himself and his favorite is to say "No Mommy help" or "No Daddy help". Meaning he doesn't want our help and can do it ALL BY HIMSELF!
- Is all boy - loves cars, trains, balls, running, jumping, playing outside and being wild. But he is also learning to be a good cuddler and will sit on the couch and watch his TV shows with me sometimes.
- He takes his pajamas off EVERY morning before I can even get up there to get him out of his bed. And when I walk in he says "Naked!". Like I am surprised. He has taken his dirty diaper off a couple times too. I wasn't so thrilled about that but now he knows that only mommy and daddy can take it off - not Dill!
- He loves his puppies...more than I think they love him. They are constantly chased and get kisses and tackles. He also tells them "No!" a lot. But normally that has to do with food and then he turns around and feed it to them.
- He knows all his friends' name at school and in playgroup and talks about them all the time. He is always up for playing, going to school, or really anything! He loves to go places and loves to play with other kids.
I could go on forever, but I just wanted to share a little bit of Will with you. He's the best and we love him so much!



4 comments:
He is the best big brother ever and we love him very much! And of course his baby sister too!
PRECIOUS sweet little boy!!!
Will is so sweet. Hudson loves Dill :) Hope to see you guys soon.
He is THE cutest little man. He cracks me up!! We love you Will. Oh, and your forgot to add that he loves to say "No Uncle Yosh". That's the best (you can't help but laugh).
Post a Comment