Friday, May 21, 2010

First Last Day of School

Will's first year of school is over. I just can't believe it! He went one day a week - on Fridays - from 9am to 2pm. His class was kids that were 18mos to 23 mos as of September 1st. He loved his teachers - Ms. Jenny and Ms. Tara - and all his friends. It's been amazing to watch the children change over the year. Will's teachers made them photo albums of the year and when you look at pictures from the early days of school they look so little! I remember thinking he was such a big boy on his first day of school. I copied my friend JulieAnn's idea and dressed Will in the same clothes he wore the first day of school to compare how much he's grown. I'm not sure the shirt is the same (since we've had this shirt in almost every size as he's grown) but I think it is. And the shoes are a size larger - but the same. Can you tell we don't like change around here?

Will has loved school this year. He had a couple weeks of crying early on in the year, but after that he pretty much ran to the class every day and didn't look back. I did tell him bye and make sure he got a kiss, but he often didn't notice. His teachers call him the "yes man" because he is up for anything. He loves to do anything they suggest and is excited about it. I think he's been one of the most talkative kids in the class and they learned quickly they were going to have to sit by him a nap time until he fell asleep. My little social man. In the front of his book they created an acronym using his name:

Willing
brIght
Loveable
Little chatterbox

Next year, Will is attending school 3 days a week! He is in the 2.5 year old class. I think he'll love going more. While today I was a little sad that we are finished and we don't have school over the summer, I find myself even sadder thinking of him going more days next year. He's growing up so fast! We have fun activities like swimming lessons and church camp 2 days a week this summer. I know it'll be September again before we know it!

Will on his first day of school

And today...telling us he's 2.


post signature

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks more like the peace sign... His hair has gotten a little bigger too :) Love that little guy!

Anonymous said...

DeeDee's little man! I love him so!
He is such a big boy.....

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs