We started the day a little off - Maddie woke up after Will. She is usually up by 6:30 or 7 and he waits until around 8. Not today. He was awake at 7:15 and she didn't wake up until 8:00. Chris also had to be downtown for work today, so he was home later. That was nice! We both went into Will's room around 7:30am to see him and start his day. We got him out of bed, talked about throwing the diapers away, and had him pick out a pair of big boy underwear. He chose a Yo Gabba Gabba pair, of course! We put them on and then grabbed the trash bag to bag up the diapers. We went around the house to all the spots we keep them - even the diaper bag - and collected them all. Will then put on his crocs (with his t-shirt and underwear) and headed out to the alley. It was a pretty cute site. He threw them in the dumpster, gave Chris and I both a high 5, and screamed "I threw my diapers away!!". So cute. So we now have no diapers Will's size in the house.
We came back in, started having breakfast, and it was time for Chris to leave. He told Daddy bye and he loved him and sat down to have breakfast with me. He had cereal in a new bowl with a straw - which he thought was so cool. I kept reminding Will to tell me if he needed to potty. He started dancing around a little and I asked him if he needed to go and he said "YES!". So we ran to the bathroom and he went on the potty! I was so proud of him! He got some M&Ms and a sticker for his sticker chart. He was proud of himself.
Maddie woke up, so we went and got her out of bed. We came back downstairs and 3 more times he told me he had to potty and we would run there together and he made it! We played, danced to songs, ate some snacks, and made lemonade. He LOVED helping make the lemonade and was so excited to get a glass of it in his Thomas the Train cup with a straw. It was then time for Maddie to nap, so we took her back upstairs and then we headed outside to play. We had several false alarms while we were playing outside. I think he knew he needed to go #2 and couldn't figure it out. He kept saying no "poo poo" and that it hurt. We came in and out several times. Sometimes he would pee, sometimes he would do nothing. He wanted an M&M every time, that is for sure! :) And I gave him some for asking to go and making it to the toilet. We came back inside and Maddie woke up. I was making her a bottle before we headed up to get her and all of a sudden I heard a gasp. He was standing by the kitchen window and just started peeing. I scooped him up and we ran to the potty. He was done by the time we got there, but he sat anyway. We put on some dry underwear and a new t-shirt and talked about telling mommy when he needs to go. We played more and then had lunch. After lunch he told me he needed to go, so we ran in there. He kept saying "No poo poo". And then he'd say, "I tooted". I knew he needed to go #2. So, I said "Will, just sit there and let all the toots come out". Well, that resulted in poop and he was AMAZED! He couldn't believe he'd done it. He got a goodie bag with a Thomas the Train, some mini M&Ms, a sucker, and bouncy ball. He told Maddie he pooped in the potty, too. SO cute! We had a couple more trips to pee before naps and one small accident that just made his underwear damp. After we played more and fed Maddie, we went up for nap time. He tried to pee twice before nap, but nothing happened, so I put him in bed. I told him to call to me if he needed to potty. I got back downstairs, turned the monitor on, and heard, "Mommy, I need to potty". I ran back up and we tried again. Nothing. He then asked if we could rock in the chair for a while. SO...he's already figured out it is a way to delay naps. But I told him no and we went back to his room and he got in bed. He was asleep in 5 minutes.
Will woke up after about 2 hours of napping. I heard him say "big boy underwear" on the monitor and I bolted up the stairs to see if he was wet. HE WASN'T!! Dry as can be. I asked if he needed to potty and he said "downstairs?". So we came downstairs and he went. He made it through the rest of the day with no accidents, told us when he needed to go, and was just great. He just bathed and is now upstairs reading Runaway Bunny with Chris. The 3 day books says to make him go twice before bed. He did before his bath and I'm hoping he will before he goes to bed. If not, we'll wake him up before we go to bed and get him to try. That will help him get through the night, I hope!
I am EXHAUSTED! I think I mentally exhausted myself before we ever started by worrying about it so much. I barely slept last night! I'm amazed at how well Will has done today and I am extremely proud of him! He seems to be getting it and I just hope tomorrow goes as smoothly as today did.
Here is the rundown of the day:
Successes (asked to go and went) 13 times
Accidents 2 times
False Alarms (asked and nothing happened) 7 times
Poop 1 time



4 comments:
Sounds like he was already trained as soon as you took his diaper off. Way to go! Hope tomorrow is just as successful.
That's so great! Way to go, Will - and Courtney!
FANTASTIC!!!! Go Will!! Go Mommy!!
Keep it up Will, and Mom!! Sis, what do you get for all of this?? Surely there are some goodie bags for you too! Love you :)
Post a Comment