Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Little Angel

(picture taken by big brother during one of our days "in" during potty training)

In all the craziness that is potty training, Maddie has received very little face time on the blog. I wanted to make sure she gets her "moment" but more than that I want tell everyone what a little angel she is! She is just the sweetest little girl. She is learning to roll with the punches so much (like they say the 2nd does) and I think the 4 days we spent cooped up, focused on Will's bodily functions taught her how to do that even more!

She is loving playing and rolling everywhere. Today she rolled from one side of Will's room to the other and back. Every so often she'd push up as high as she could to see Will and I sitting in the chair, reading before nap time. She then came downstairs with me and rolled all over my room. She just explores. Touches things, kicks things, and sometimes tastes things (yuck!).

Speaking of putting everything in her mouth - she also woke up with her first TOOTH this morning! Her bottom right front tooth is just peeking through her gums. She's had an ear infection for four weeks and her nose has been pouring snot for 2 days. So all of you that believe the old wives tales on teeth cutting - she has them! We knew they were on their way because she has been chewing so much and she loves for me to rub her gums with my finger, but I didn't expect it to get here that fast! I looked back and she is just a few weeks earlier than Will on his first tooth.

She loves her big brother and he is really good with her. They make each other laugh and she loves for him to push her in the bouncer. I'm afraid she is going to be our child with "no fear". Not sure if that is good or bad that the girl is the one not scared of anything...

Maddie loves to smile and loves for people to talk to her. She has started interacting with the world around her constantly and wants to pick up everything, play with everyone, and just soak it up! I love this stage and I love my baby girl so much! She is such a joy!

post signature

1 comment:

Melissa Duffield said...

I can't believe she's almost 8 months old!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs