The rest of the day with quite a bit rougher! One, I think Will is getting a cold. Two, I think he is so tired of us reminding him to tell us if he needs to potty. He started ignoring and testing us almost right when he woke up. Around 10, I put Maddie down for a nap and Chris ran some errands. Things were okay for the hour or so that Chris was gone. Will told me when he needed to go, but every time there was a small amount of pee in his underwear. But he was telling me, so we just changed them and gave rewards. He also pooped, which again was a little scary for him. But he did it and I was so proud. I have some hidden "big" prizes for times we need them and Will got one for that. He needed something, it seemed. He got a Plex Keytar. Only a Yo Gabba Gabba fan can appreciate it. And it is LOUD, so now I'm questioning that purchase. He loves it, though.
After Chris got home I ran to get us some sandwiches for lunch. Will didn't tell him he needed to go, but was dancing around so Chris took him to the potty. He went. But he is supposed to tell us vs. us asking. We don't want him to depend on us to go. He then started his "stand off". He didn't want to tell us and was being quite stubborn about everything. We stayed positive and kept reminding him. After lunch we were playing and he had a FULL BLOWN pee down the legs accident and all over me. Now, for day 3 this was VERY frustrating. But we went with it and reminded him (yet again) that he HAD to tell us. It was time for nap so he napped and woke up DRY from that. He then continued the stand off. I just decided to pump him full of fluid and see what he'd do. Once he kinda 1/2 told me he needed to go, so we went. It was before dinner and he needed to go. It had been 3 hrs. After dinner I took Maddie up for her bath and he told Chris on his own that he needed to go! YAY! What a good way to wrap up the day. I was so relieved. I just didn't understand why he was being such a "toot" and I know he knows what he needs to do. He was just testing us, I guess.
So, Chris bathed him and I put Maddie to bed. I then took a walk by myself. I needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air. It was finally cooler outside and the quiet was nice. When I got back Chris said that they read books before bed and Chris asked him if he needed to tell him anything. He said he needed to potty before bed and he went! YAY again!
I believe that it has clicked with Will. I think he'll have some accidents and we need to work thru the little bit of pee in his underwear. He knows when he needs to go but waits until the last minute to tell me.
I have also realized that he is learning to hold it! The first day he probably peed 16 times because he was used to peeing whenever he wanted to without thinking about it. Today (and yesterday) it was closer to 9 or 10 times. At first I was thinking he just wasn't telling us and holding it but I realize he is learning to control it vs. going when he barely needs to go.
We're going to take a day 4 tomorrow and just give us a day at home. I think that when Chris and I are both here he acts different. When it is just me, Will, and Maddie, he listens more and is more agreeable. So...we'll see how it goes. My only concern at this point is how we will ever leave the house again??? We are all feeling couped up, but I am scared to death to leave right now!



2 comments:
Yay for Will (and for you)!! I am so glad things turned out better after our conversation. Hang in there!! Ya'll will get there. Love you sis!
I'm so glad things improved yesterday! I'm glad you took a lonesome walk. Definitely needed. Sounds like you guys are doing great! I love that little man.
Post a Comment